Aims and Objectives
The BMVA provides a national forum for individuals and organisations involved in machine vision, image processing, and pattern recognition in the United Kingdom. Its principal aims are to:
- promote knowledge of machine vision and pattern recognition
- encourage practical applications of the technology
- facilitate the rapid transfer of research results to industry
- represent the UK machine vision community, nationally and internationally
In pursuit of the above goals, the association's primary activities are:
- The annual British Machine Vision Conference
- The annual conference on Medical Image Understanding and Analysis
- Publication of the Annals of the BMVA
- The series of One-day technical meetings
- The annual Summer School
- Award of Travel Bursaries
- Award of The Sullivan Thesis Prize.
- Maintenance of the PhD Thesis Archive
In addition to the above, other activities are listed on the Activities page.
Thinking of a career in computer vision?
Areas in which the association is active include
The BMVA is a member of the Campaign for Science and Engineering and works with the following organizations:
The British Machine Vision Association andSociety for Pattern Recognition is a Company limited by guarantee,No.2543446, registered in England and Wales. Registered Office: Innovative Computing Group, School of Engineering and Computing Sciences, Durham University, Christopherson Building (Office E234), South Road, Durham, DH1 3LE. The Association is a non-profit-making body and is registered as charity No.1002307.