Activities of the BMVA
The BMVA organizes a range of events and other activities:
- The annual British Machine Vision Conference.
- A series of one-day meetings on a variety of vision-related topics.
- Travel bursaries to allow UK PhD students to attend international conferences.
- The BMVA Thesis Archive is a repository for PhD theses awarded in UK universities on the topic of computer vision.
- The Sullivan Doctoral Thesis Prize is awarded in memory of Prof. Geoff Sullivan, one of the founders of the BMVA, who died in 1996. This is awarded to the best thesis in a calendar year.
- The BMVA sponsors other conferences and meetings, such as the annual Medical Image Understanding and Analysis conference.
- The annual Summer School in Computer Vision, which gives training to research students from the UK and elsewhere.
- The BMVA recognizes important lifetime contributions to UK machine vision by awarding Distinguished Fellowships.